Before it goes to ewaste - 80-90s PC kit, BBC Micro

Specifically related to retro computing. Buyers be aware that we cannot monitor or be responsible for any trades/sales what so ever. Be careful. Retro hardware can die at anytime.
ADFHogan

Before it goes to ewaste - 80-90s PC kit, BBC Micro

Postby ADFHogan » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:21 pm

Hey folks,

I have a stack of stuff collected over the years that I really should be getting rid of.

• ISA I/O cards
  • VLB I/O cards
  • Weird and wonderful video cards I haven't looked at in ages
  • Some 486DX4 100 CPUs
  • Labtam X-Terminal
  • Pile of EDO and possibly fastpage RAM
  • Pile of old 486-386 motherboards.. maaaaybe earlier
  • Box full of ribbon header cables
    ... etc. etc. etc.
... miiiiight even be convinced to part with some old BBC Micro kit.

I don't know if they work, but before they go to ewaste I wanted to give anyone interested a chance to look. I don't have anything suitable to test the gear with (as even if I do still have some AT kit, I don't know if I'd be happy to power up the PSUs given how long they've been idle). I know this isn't retro retro stuff (like C64 vintage), but it's still a fair bit old now, so figured I'd put it out there.

I told myself at one point I'd get around to using it, but never did - and now the garage needs to be emptied :)

If you're not too far from Melbourne Airport or within travelling distance, you're welcome to get in touch to have a look. You're welcome to bring something along to test things - as if something's busted and no one wants it, happy to send it off to ewaste. I'm happy to ship stuff at your cost, but I have no idea if it works or not.

Washerman

Re: Before it goes to ewaste - 80-90s PC kit, BBC Micro

Postby Washerman » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:25 pm

Hey ADFHogan,

I missed your post from a couple of weeks back, hope you had a good new year.

Is all of this stuff still available? As an avid retro collector I'm intrigued by your gear :D and I also have some BBC Micro stuff in my hoard that is due to get re-capped. However I am in Sydney, so would have to ship. There are certainly Melbourne based guys who love this gear as well though.

Cheers!

Return to “For Sale or Trade - Retro Computing Related”